Do you want to offer payments to your customers? Finding the right payment provider is never easy, and with so many to choose from it is hard to find the perfect fit for your business. How do you compare?
We feel your pain, which is why we created this Checklist. Start comparing, and find the right partner in payments for your business. Are you looking for even more information? Check out our How to Select a Payment Provider e-book.
- What payment types do they support
- Traditional (ex. Visa, MasterCard, Interac Online)
- Non-traditional (ex. Apple Pay, Bitcoin)
- What is their full product suite
- How long will settlement typically be for your customers?
Awareness and Education:
- How big is their network?
- # of Merchants
- # of Partners
- # of Integrations
- Do they showcase their partners anywhere?
- Do they offer any cross-marketing or co-promotion opportunities
- How will they help you communicate with your customers?
- Do they have marketing material you can utilize?
- Is their gateway bank neutral?
- How do your users sign up for payments? (Online, paper applications, integrated into your own onboarding flow?)
- Can you control the user experience and contain it to your brand?
- Do they offer revenue sharing?
- What sort of partner specific reports can they provide?
- What level of PCI-Compliance are they?
- Does the level of compliance differ by solution?
- Who stores the payment data?
- Do they offer tokenization?
- Can your customer accept payments online, in-store, and in-app?
- Do they have currency solutions?
- How can they help your customers explore new markets?
- What is the level of support, for both you as a partner and your customers
- Real People or Automated Machine
- Does support shut down each day or is it 24/7?